I’ve been pretty good with my pregnancy up until lately. I hit 32 weeks this week and am now craving all the stuff that will definitely make me pack on the pounds. BUT you cannot take my sweets from me!
The issue is there was no chocolate in the house at all and I was super craving. Then I remembered this recipe that a friend at emailed to me. I had it saved on my Google drive from 2011, so I quickly looked it up. I was so happy and can finally enjoy some yummy-ness that would require next to NO effort.
This recipe just calls for a mug and measuring spoons. Mix everything and microwave. You end up with a lovely chewy mug of chocolate deliciousness. I made this for my husband and I after my son when to bed. We curled up on the couch to catch up on TV shows and happily ate our cake.
I added chocolate chips in mine. You can totally add other candies and make it your own.
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- ⅓ teaspoon vanilla
- small handful of chocolate chips or other candy (optional)
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a coffee mug, standard size (11 oz.) or larger. Add oil, water, and vanilla and mix thoroughly--making sure to scrape the bottom and sides so that it's all incorporated. If you'd like, mix in chocolate chips or other candy.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 1½ minutes. The finished product will be soft-ish and chewy.
- Cool for a minute. Eat right out of the mug :)
So what do you think? Will you try it? or Have you tried it before? I’ve tried other recipes for this type of cake but this recipe seems to be gold!