I really love recipes that allow you to use already made items in order to simplify and speed up the preparation process. This especially for me since the new baby is so demanding I feel I have no time for anything. My son was more than happy to help out with this quick and yummy recipe.
We had a lot of Smarties and Sixlets left from a party so I thought this recipe would be a good time to try this out. Of course my son was wide eyed when I told him we were going to put the candies INSIDE the cookies.
Using Super Moist Betty Crocker cake mixes we got to work. We used Devil’s Food Flavour and Golden mixes. One bowl to prep each. The chocolate mix got the crushed sixlets and the Golden got the smashed Smarties.
Each mix got 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of vegetable oil plus their respective candies. I then began to fold the two together.
And just a little bit more making sure not to completely mix the two.
Using a table spoon I scooped out each cookie portion and shaped them into a ball. Place them on the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart as they do spread quite a bit. So just note that when deciding on how big or small you want to make your cookies.
Baked at 350 degrees for 15 mins and they came out so nice and super soft. So we had to wait until they cooled down before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
They hardened up a bit more but remained chewy on the inside. If you want them a bit softer I would suggest baking them for a bit less than 15 mins.
We stored them in Tupperware and they remained consistently chewy. Using the two boxes of mix got us 36 cookies that were about 3-1/2″ in diameter.
- 1 box of Super Moist Betty Crocker Cake Mix - Devil's Food Flavour
- 1 box of Super Moist Betty Crocker Cake Mix - Golden Flavour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup smashed Smarties
- ¾ cup crushed Sixlets
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using a separate bowl for each cake mix, combine the cake mix with 2 eggs and ½ cup of vegetable oil.
- Stir in candies.
- Fold one cake mix flavour into the other being careful not to over stir, we want a marbled effect.
- Scoop out mix using a tablespoon and shape into balls placeing on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 15min or a bit less for softer cookies.
Try this recipe with different cake mixes and candy combinations. Let me know how they turn out!